Whole house water filters are a great way to reduce the many different contaminants that can be found in tap water across the country. When you have a filter installed to clean up the water for your entire home, you can benefit from fresher drinking and washing water throughout the house, and not just in your kitchen sink.
These filters remove bacteria, scale, additives and even a variety of toxic minerals from your water source. Read on to find out the benefits of a whole house filter, and check out the top 5 products we have found based on the best whole house water filter reviews online.
READ MORE: TOP 3 BEST WATER SOFTENER REVIEWS
Advantages of Using Whole House Water Filters
There are many benefits to installing a whole house water filter system in your home. If you feel as though your water is less than top quality, consider putting in a water filter for home use and enjoy these great benefits:
- Water will be purified as soon as it enters your home.
- Chlorine and other products added to public water can no longer damage your skin, hair, or clothes.
- Air in your home will no longer be saturated with chemicals that evaporate from treated water.
- Any issues that might arise with public water sources can be treated before they reach you and your family.
- Plumbing will no longer become clogged or rusted from chemicals added to city water.
Top 5 Best Whole House Water Filter Reviews
Check out this list of the top 5 best whole house water filter reviews we have put together for you. Find out the differences between each one, and make the right decision for your home today.
DuPont WFPF 13003B 15000-Gallon Water Filtration System
The DuPont WFPF 13003B Universal Whole House filter is one of the top-rated products on the market today. This filter is a traditional whole house water filter that installs directly into your plumbing to easily filter out everything you do not want in your water supply.
- Uses universal filters that are cheap and easy to find.
- Can be upgraded with additional add-ons from the same company.
- Very easy to install without the aid of a professional.
- Because this is a single filtration system, it may not remove as much bacteria as other models.
- May not filter out chlorine from your water supply as well as other models on the market.
- Not capable of working with hot water, and is designed for cold water only.
Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Filter System
The Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Filter System is an easy to install product that has proven itself time and again as one of the best whole house water filters on the market today. This water filter is small but powerful, and it can take care of the largest amount of contaminants of any filter on the market today.
- Small product that does not take up much room and can be installed out of the way easily.
- Replacement filter cartridges are affordable and easy to find.
- Great affordable choice for smaller families.
- Single filtration system may not be powerful enough for large families or very poor water.
- May not remove all traces of iron or chlorine from water supplies.
- Filter cartridges may need to be replaced more often than in other models.
Aqua Pure SST1HA Industrial Grade Water Filter
For a more industrial-grade option, choose the Aqua Pure SST1HA Industrial Grade Water Filter, which comes with everything you need to filter water on a much more powerful level than its competitors. If you are looking for a good option for a very large home or a commercial property, this is the perfect filter for you.
- Excellent product for hot climates, since the stainless steel material will not melt.
- Can be used with an additional hot filter cartridge for filtering heated water.
- Great for keeping unwanted plastic additives from seeping into your water.
- Originally only comes with a filter for cold water.
- May not improve water pressure as well as some of its competitors.
- May not fit into all plumbing without the help of a professional.
iSpring WKB32B Three Stage Whole House Water Filtration System
The iSpring WKB32B Three Stage Whole House Water Filtration System is a thorough filter that makes sure to remove every possible trace of contaminants and minerals through an elaborate triple filtration process. This quality product is capable of filtering large quantities of water, which makes it a great choice for a bigger household.
- Triple filtration system removes more chemicals and bacteria than any other comparable product on the market.
- Provides up to 15 gallons per minute of water pressure, which is more than any other product on the market.
- Affordable replacement cartridges mean that extra expenses will be limited.
- Expensive filter to get started with, and may be over budget for many families.
- Can be very difficult to install without professional help, due to its triple filtration system.
- May not remove all unwanted odors from water supplies.
Home Master HMF2SMGCC Two Stage Whole House Water Filtration System
Go with the Home Master HMF2SMGCC Whole House Two Stage Water Filtration System when you want a powerful product that can take care of your entire home without breaking the bank. These household filters are great for removing bacteria and improving the flow rate of water in your home at the same time.
- Provides excellent water pressure without interfering with your plumbing at all.
- Filter components can operate for up to one year without needing to be replaced.
- Removes all unpleasant odors from the water source, as well as contaminants.
- May be difficult to install given its two-filter setup.
- Replacement filter components may be hard to find when the time comes to change them.
- Smaller filter system that may not work well for a family of more than four.
Step-by-Step Guide for Choosing the Perfect Whole House Water Filter
Below, we have put together an easy buying guide to help you choose which whole house water filtration systems are best for your home. Check it out to understand which filters work best in which situations.
Best filter for your budget
Depending on your budget, your filter choices may change. Keep in mind the following tips to help select the right filter for your budget.
- Single filtration systems are more affordable than double or triple. The more times your water is filtered, the more expensive the filter will be.
- Cheaper filters may not remove chlorine and iron from your water. If you do not live in a place where this is a problem, they can be a great way to save money.
- The DuPont filter on our list is the cheapest option we found.
Best filter for large families
The size of your family can change which filter you need for your home. The number of bathrooms and water-based appliances can make a difference, as well.
- Families of more than four will need a more powerful filter that can operate without changing water pressure.
- The more bathrooms you have, the more capacity you will need from your filter.
- The Aqua Pure product on our list has the highest capacity and power for a big family.
Best filter for small spaces
Smaller homes, single individuals, and families of two or three may need smaller filters that do not take up as much room. Many filters are available to help clean up the water in smaller spaces.
- Single filtration systems are often powerful enough for smaller homes and families.
- If you have a problem with chlorine in your water, you may need to opt for a double filtration system instead of a single, even in a small space.
- On our list, the Watts filter is the best choice for a small space.
Best brand name filters
Purchases are often based on brand names and how well a product is known. Choosing a popular brand name can help you get a great product in the long run.
- Popular brand names like DuPont and Watts have tons of reviews to back up their products.
- Although it is lesser-known, iSpring has excellent reviews as well.
- The Watts filter on our list is the best-known brand name, but the lesser-known Home Master is still a great product.
By now, you should have all the information you need to make the right decision when it comes to selecting a water filter for your whole house. Depending on your personal needs and the size of your family and home, you might want to choose a specific product over a different one, so be sure to use our buying guide to help you out.
Compare and contrast the top 5 best filters using our handy list of the top reviewed products on the market. Soon, you will have healthier, cleaner drinking water without a lot of harsh chemicals, and your whole family will thank you for it.